Are you a New Yorker doing something amazing and could use $200,000 to support your work?
If so, you should apply for a David Prize. I have written about this program before so you might remember. But for those who haven’t heard about it, here’s the deal:
Here are the most recent cohort of David Prize winners:
● Cesar Vargas: Fighting for immigrants in the armed forces and their right to stay in the U.S.
● Fela Barclift: Sparking academic excellence and positive self-esteem among NYC’s youngest learners (this video is amazing)
● Felicia Wilson: Inspiring foster care alumni to support young people “aging out”
● Mr. Five Mualimm-ak: Creating essential community for justice-impacted youth serving supervision sentences
● Jaime-Jin Lewis: Envisioning a childcare system where providers, families, and children can thrive
The folks behind the David Prize are looking for broader representation from the “the tech / science / invention circles” which describes many AVC readers.
If you want to apply for a David Prize, you can do so here. Applications are due by December 21st.